Cycle To Work Schemes
Cycle To Work Scheme FAQ
If you wish to order a bike and take advantage of the government backed Cycle to Work initiative, read on. Cycle to Work can save you up to over 40% off the price of a new bike through tax and National Insurance savings. It's open to everybody and currently the following information applies.
Overview of the scheme in 4 simple steps:
- Place an order for your bike on our website.
- Apply for your voucher using your scheme providers’ instructions.
- Sign your voucher and Send it to us; We will then contact you to take any additional payment (including the admin fee of £50 and a postage cost of £20 if you need your bike sending out).
- We can then arrange a date for your bike to be built, this will be between 3-4 weeks from when we receive your voucher.
1: Place an order for your bike on our website
Once you know what you are allowed to purchase on the scheme it is time to order your bike off our website. This is just like any other purchase; browse our website for the bike and equipment you wish to purchase, add the items to your basket. Next register an account on our web site and go to the check out, fill in your details for delivery before you are diverted to the payment page. At the payment page you will be able to see the credit/debit card, pay pal and pay 4 later options but you will need to select the cycle scheme option. This will generate your order which you will then need to print off and save on your computer as we will only keep the order on the web site for up to 24hrs, a hard copy of your quotation will be kept by us and we will contact you once we receive your voucher if we require any further information.
2: Apply for your voucher using your scheme providers' instructions
These are the various ways in which you can apply for a voucher:
Direct Payment from your employer
If your employer doesn't have a cycle to work scheme and you want to set one up, click here for more information.
If your employer is registered with Cyclescheme, click here for more information.
NHS SME HCI scheme.
If your employer is registered with NHS SME HCI, click here for more information.
On Your Bike.
If your employer is registered with On Your Bike, click here for more information.
If your employer is registered with Cycle Plus, click here for more information.
Bike 2 Work.
If your employer is registered with Bike 2 Work, click here for more information.
Halfords Cycle 2 Work.
If your employer is registered with Halfords Cycle 2 Work, click here for more information.
If you would like to use any other form of Cycle to Work voucher, please email us at email@example.com.
3: Sign your voucher and Send it to us; we can then arrange a date for your bike
Address your voucher as follows:
Cycle to Work
Dolan Bikes Ltd
Unit 8 Old Boundary Way
You will also need to include a photocopy of some photo-identification (e.g. Drivers License, Passport). Once we have your voucher we will contact you to take any additional payment (including the admin fee of £50 and a postage cost of £20 if you need your bike sending out).)
1. Once I receive the bike, do I become its rightful owner?
Your employer remains the legal owner of the bike until the end of the lease period. At that point your employer may choose to either keep the bike or sell it to you for a "nominal sum" as laid out in the terms of their scheme.
2. You've got an offer on now and I don't get my voucher for another few weeks. Can I order a bike now on my credit card to reserve it, then get a refund and pay with my voucher when I get it?
Yes. You can place an order providing you have been accepted onto the scheme. You have 28 days to get the voucher to us from the date of placing the order before it is cancelled.
3. Why do I have to pay a £50 admin fee when ordering a bike with a cyclescheme.co.uk, On Your Bike, Bike2work, Cycle Plus, NHS SME HCI or Halfords Cycle 2 Work scheme voucher?
We aim to keep our prices competitive by selling at low margins. All of these organisations charge us a fee on each bike we supply to a customer through the schemes. So we don't have to add this fee to all our complete bike prices (for all non-cycle scheme customers) we've decided to pass a portion of this charge on to you. The additional charge DOES NOT APPLY if your employer is paying us direct for the bike.
4. I need a quote for a bike so I can apply for my voucher. How do I get one?
Cyclescheme.co.uk / Bike2Work / Cycle Plus / Halfords Cycle2Work:-
We don't give formal quotes for bikes. Our offers change frequently depending on stock levels and current demand so we cannot hold prices or specifications on any bikes for any set length of time. Once they're gone, they're gone. Having said that, we'll always aim to have great offer bikes available at key price points. If you REALLY need a quote to apply for your voucher, download one HERE and fill it in yourself. Please remember to fill it out for the value of the voucher you want to apply for. Our "shop code" for cyclescheme.co.uk us DOLAN002
For a bike quote for the NHS SME HCI scheme, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your name, address, contact number, Employers name and the amount you are applying for on the scheme.
5. How long after I've ordered can I expect to get my bike?
Once you've ordered we'll ask you to send us your signed voucher along with some Photo ID . Once we've received your voucher, we'll contact you to make any additional payments (including the £50 admin fee) due on the order and arrange a delivery date which is usually 3-4 weeks once we have received your voucher.
6. Can I purchase parts with the voucher?
No, it has to be a complete bike
7. Can I just order some wheels?
No, it has to be a complete bike
8. Can I just buy a frame?
No, Only Bikes Sorry ;-).
9. You have just called me to ask for an "additional payment" - what's going on?
You must have missed point 3, above!
10. How long have I got to get the voucher to you before the order is cancelled?
You have 28 days to get the voucher to us from date of order.
11. What bikes are available on the scheme?
You can purchase any of the bikes on our website on the cycle to work scheme.
12. I have received a e Certificate from cyclescheme. What do I do now?
You need to forward the e-mail to email@example.com and attach a copy of your photo ID (e.g. passport, driving license).