Garmin Edge 1000
Whether you're riding to improve your own personal best or see where you stand against the Pro's, Edge 1000 lets you connect, compare and compete. Turn every ride into a race by competing on Garmin Connect segments and seeing real-time results on your Edge, including alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings. The segments feature keeps you motivated and helps you push for continual improvement.
Own the Road
Along with in-ride challenges and connected features, Edge 1000 offers advanced bike-specific navigation and mapping capabilities. The preloaded Garmin Cycle Map includes OSM (Open Street Map) content with routable road and cycle paths, elevation data, points of interest and address search. Mapping data is stored onboard the Edge, so your access to navigation and performance capabilities isn’t dependent on mobile phone coverage, and map updates are free.
Know Where to Go
Now you can explore more, on and off road, thanks to this device’s round-trip routing feature. Simply enter how far you want to ride, and Edge 1000 calculates up to 3 cycling-friendly routes. You can even review the elevation profiles before making your selection. It also offers a new route planner capability that allows you to create routes directly on the Edge 1000 using the map, POI and segments you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect. Again, you can preview the elevation profile of your custom route before you roll. If you do get off course or want to end your ride sooner, Edge can always guide you back to the start or calculate the most direct route and provide turn-by-turn directions to get you back.
At Your Fingertips
Edge 1000 features a 3-inch high-resolution colour touchscreen display with dual orientation*. It has an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the screen brightness to changing light conditions to improve visibility. Unlike your smartphone, the display is optimised to work with gloves and in the rain³. You can customise your training pages with up to 10 data fields and use activity profiles to allow for easy transitions when you switch cycling activity, such as road, mountain or touring.
Advanced Performance Analysis
Edge 1000 is compatible with ANT+™ sensors, including speed, cadence, heart rate and compatible weight scale. It’s the first Garmin cycle computer that integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems4 to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 1000 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including Vector™, our unique pedal-based power meter that measures total power, left/right balance and cadence. A preloaded power-based workout on Edge 1000 allows you to calculate your functional threshold power (FTP), from which you can base your power training zones. The 1000 offers a training calendar and is compatible with advanced workouts, which you can plan, schedule and upload from Garmin Connect.
When paired with your smartphone and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 1000 offers a suite of connected features, including live tracking, incoming call and text alerts, social media sharing, weather, wireless uploads and the sending/receiving of courses and segments. As soon as your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi®. This lets you stay connected and instantly share the details of your ride with friends, family and social media contacts. LiveTrack allows your friends and family to follow your races and training activities in real time. Invite followers using email or social media, so they can view your live data on a Garmin Connect tracking page. Once they get your email invite, they can click to follow and see your stats and location on the map.
- Physical dimensions: 5.8 x 11.2 x 2.0 cm
- Display size, WxH: 3.9 x 6.5 cm; 7.6 cm (3.0") diagonal
- Display resolution, WxH: 240 x 400 pixels
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Weight: 114.5 g
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 15 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- GPS-enabled: Yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
Maps & Memory
- Basemap: Yes
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Accepts data cards: Yes
- History: Up to 180 hours
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
- Routes: Limited by memory space available
Features & Benefits
- Heart rate monitor: Yes (Some versions)
- Bike speed/cadence sensor: Yes (Some versions)
- Foot pod: No
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): Yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): Yes
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): Yes
- Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities): No
- Courses (compete against previous activities): Yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): Yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): Yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): Yes
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): No
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): Yes
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): No
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): Yes
- Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert): No
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): Yes
- Heart rate-based calorie computation: Yes
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness): No
- Customizable screen(s): Yes
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters): Yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride): Yes
- Sport watch: No
- On-device segments: Yes
- Wi-Fi® compatible: Yes
- Smart Notifications: Yes
- GLONASS: Yes
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile: Yes
- Round-trip Routing: Yes
- Route planner: Yes
What's in the Box?
- Edge 1000
- Preloaded Garmin Cycle map of Europe
- Quarter turn mount
- Out-front mount
- USB cable
- Quick Start manual
Delivery & Returns
PLEASE NOTE - We’re currently in a busy period. You can now view individual bike dispatch times on their respective pages.
To view our returns policy, please Click Here
For orders placed on the website, you will receive an automatic email with tracking information once your parcel has been sent. When multiple items are ordered in one checkout, in most cases we ship all items out at the same time. We usually process orders for Clothing and Components within 2-3 working days.
For orders dispatched on a Friday with 48 Hour Shipping, expect your parcel to arrive on the following Tuesday. For 24 Hour delivery expect it to arrive on the following Monday.
Unfortunately we cannot offer an immediate quote on Tandem Bikes outside of the UK upon checkout. Please contact us for a quote to your country.
Surcharges apply for Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland click here for details.
We use Parcelforce 48 hour to deliver complete bikes to the UK. (2 Working Day, Monday-Friday)
We use Parcelforce 24 hour to deliver frames/framesets to the UK. (1 Working Day, Monday-Friday)
We use Royal Mail Tracked to delivery any components (excluding Wheels) and clothing. Click Here to track your items.
We use Parcelforce to deliver complete bikes and frames/framesets to the rest of Europe.
To track Parcelforce deliveries please click here
To track Deliveries outside the UK but within the EU please click here
To track Deliveries outside of the EU please click here
VAT is a tax that you pay when you buy goods and services in the European Union (EU), including the United Kingdom. Where VAT is payable it's normally included in the price of the goods or service you buy. Some goods don't attract VAT and countries outside of the European Union do not pay Tax/VAT, for more information click here.